You guys, 2012 didn’t go at all like I expected. It turned out even better than I could have imagined. If I hadn’t left my job at Starbucks, I would probably still be living in Chicago. Which I’m glad I’m not because my life has been so much richer since.
My Top 5 from 2012:
#1 - My trip to Germany and Austria for my 27th birthday. I know I said this before, but this trip was highlighted by the fact that I was taken out for my birthday dinner by a very nice Australian guy!
#2 - The trip to Denver in June which made me realize that family and friends are so, so important to me and that I couldn’t imagine missing the big moments and little moments in the lives of these people.
#3 - Getting my headshots done by the amazing Emilia Jane!
#4 - Throwing caution to the wind and becoming strictly self - employed.
#5 - Moving back to Colorado and strengthening my relationships with the people here and reaching out to people who were in my life at some point.
To the people who were the catalysts in getting me back to Denver, THANKYOU! I will forever be indebted to you.
To my 2012 clients, THANKYOU! It is because of you that I am able to pursue this wild passion I have for capturing life on camera!
I will leave you with a picture that simplifies how I feel about people and life. It is 3 simple little words, yet they are so powerful.
There’s a lot of things that I don’t like to tell people and get super embarrassed when my parents decide to tell my friends. You would only know these things if we’ve been friends for years or you have lived with me. Ready?!
1) The British Royal family (ok, William and Catherine!) fascinates me…to the point where I have a little shrine set up in my room dedicated to them. Call it an obsession if you will!
2) I’d happily live out of a suitcase for the rest of my life if that meant I got to travel and experience all the world has to offer. Airplanes don’t scare me-instead, they are thrilling and I get antsy with anticipation when ever I board a plane!
3) You know all those times that I said I never, ever wanted to get married??? Yep! I’ve changed my mind about that. And no, I do not have a boyfriend yet.
4) I’m 27 years old and addicted to the One Direction Pandora station. Could literally play it ALLDAY long! Of course, I could listen to good music all day and never get sick of the noise. I even been known to have impromptu dance parties in my kitchen!
5) I always tried too hard to fit in. It’s only been the last year or so that I’ve grown into who I am and accepted that. A few people were taken for granted while I was trying to be somebody I wasn’t. Today, they are the most important people in my life! A picture of those people would be totally appropriate right now but alas, I do not have one!!
Hello blog! Sorry to take such a long break! I resume blogging with some headshots that were done by Emilia Jane. She’s absolutely amazing and so easy to work with. If you are in Chicago and find yourself in need of a wedding photographer, please, call Emilia. Her work is breathtaking. Learn more about her and see her other work over on her blog. Leave her some love while you’re there!
Sometimes, you have to put aside all opinions, what-ifs, pros, cons, how-tos and follow exactly what your heart is telling you. Some decisions are hard but easy. You don’t want to make a hurried decision based on emotions but you know exactly what your heart is telling you to do.
For several weeks, this feeling that I needed to move back to Denver was ever present and consumed every thought. I decided not to let my homesickness and emotions get in the way of why I moved away. I love the friends and people I’ve gotten to know in Chicago. But the truth is, I cannot imagine spending any more time away from the people who mean the most to me.
I learned a lot about myself in the past year and half. I learned how to own my decisions and not let other people influence them. I’m pretty sure it took me moving 1,000 miles away from my best friends and my family in order to learn these things. With all that said, it’s time to go home.
So blog, I’M MOVINGBACKTODENVER! Because I want to be there for the little things, the big things and everything in between. And I just want to be able to hug my friends when they need a hug.